Sunday, November 28, 2010

Saturday

So yesterday, I met the outbound students from the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Also, another one of the inbounds was there (he is from Chicago) and we talked for awhile. After hanging out with him and a few of the outbounds, something became dreadfully apparent. I am way way way behind. Not just, oh, I don't understand a few words, but like, I had no idea what was going on. It was really embarassing. All the students could have full on conversations with the other inbound, but with me it was a constant struggle. I was really really embarassed. My host parents were surprised at his skill and they couldn't believe how good he was. My host dad was all, "You just need to study harder". But the boy told me the reason his Slovak/Czech had gotten so good was that he didn't speak English at all, only Slovak. I don't really know what to do now....

No comments:

Post a Comment