Thursday, June 24, 2010

Truckee Thursday and the joy it brings me :)

Today, I appreciated one of the culinary miracles of small-town America. The Slider. It's like a tiny hamburger, but tastier. I loved it. It was amazing. Then I had a crepe, then I had ice-cream, and then I had half of a hot chocolate. I will get fat very soon if I continue to indulge like this, last time I ever do that, I swear!

It was quite tasty though.

On the more irritating side of things, tourists. Truckee is rampant with them in the summer, the winter tourists are bearable, I don't mind them because they tend to appreciate the locals more. On the other, the summer people are ridiculous. I really dislike them. I mean, I know that Truckee is a tourist town and they are our livelihood and all that, but still. The family group pictures with chubby middle aged men in shorts doing ridiculous poses? Not really my cup of tea... I have always had an urge to just walk right through their pictures and smile and wave, maybe I'll dress up as Waldo first, then do it. That would be thoroughly awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment