Monday, August 30, 2010

First Post from the Czech Republic

Sooooo, the past few days have been very busy. I arrived in Praha two hours later than \i was supposed to because

First, the tire on the plane in Chicago popped right after we landed, and there was this huge shenanigan involving firemen and a sweaty smelly old bus that we had to ride to the terminal.

Then, the plane from Chicago to London was delayed, thus making us miss our flight, I was traveling with another girl named Denise.

Therefore, we spent three hours in the Heathrow airport getting very slaphappy and strange since we had both been awake for around 24 hours or so.

Finally, I made it into Praha later than expected and met up with Stan, Sarka, and Vendula. Stan, Vendula, and I drove back to Kromeriz, which takes about three hours. I slept in the car for part of it, and talked with them the other part.

I took a shower and went to sleep directly after I got home, it was nice.

The next day I got up around nine and had breakfast with Stan making sure that everything was okay the whole time, which was super nice of him. We hung out for awhile and then we walked around town for a few hours and I got a little bit more oriented.

The day after that I went into the Archbishops castle, which was huge (Pictures will be posted later) and today I will hang out with Sarka and go around with her the whole day, as well as meet Vendula and some of her friends in town so that I can make connections with them before school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment