Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School Starts Tomorrow!

I caught a cold, FML! I think I may have gotten it from the plane's recirculated air and from staying up for 25 or so hours. Sarka thinks it is because the planes always have cold air going and also because I wore flip flops on the plane. Exposing your feet is not considered a very good idea here! My birthday is in three days, and I will be turning sixteen. I am very excited to be celebrating it in another country, and that is almost a present enough for me!

Yesterday was very fun, after my post, we left to go tour the school and I was amazed at how huge it was. Although there are only about 600 students (the same size as our school) the building is about twice the size of our highschool and is much much much prettier and cleaner. The building is four stories (technically three stories here in Europe) and I am on the top floor. Climbing the stairs in the morning is going to be very hard for me!

Also, I may be taking dancing lessons, although I still need a partner. They are looking for one for me, and I think it is very funny, although when I tried to explain why looking for a boy to ballroom dance with me is hilarious to my host-sister Katka she did not understand me at all. I guess Cinderella is not as popular here as she is in the states.

As well as touring the school, I went out with a few of the other girls from my school and we were able to communicate roughly with English. It was very nice that they spoke English, but I don't know if it will help me to learn Czech. I think that once I start school, I will get much better, but until then, I think that I will be speaking more English than Czech. Anyways, all of the girls were super nice, and I had a lot of fun with them. We talked about a lot of things, including TV shows and I found out that a lot of American shows are dubbed in Czech and then aired on their TV's and shows like House and Bones are aired here in Czech. I am very excited to see them...

No comments:

Post a Comment