Monday, September 6, 2010

With God as my witness, I will never forget my wallet again!

This morning started off a little bumpy...

I had to be at school at seven, yeah that's right SEVEN IN THE MORNING! What diabolical school official decided that he/she/it could get our brains to function at such an ungodly hour? So I was late to catch the bus with Nikola, and once I got there, I realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home, which included:

-My lunch pass thingy (which means food for the hungry American)
-Money in case I didn't have my lunch pass thingy (hungry American once again...)
-Money for the bus. Fortunately Nikola spotted me the 10 crowns required (about 50 cents US style)

Yeah, it was the start of a very long day for me. I gave thank you cards to all the wonderful people who gave me presents on my birthday, then found out that people don't really do thank you cards here. I was a little embarassed, even though I realize that it's almost impossible to misconstrue a thank you card as offensive.

At lunch, I was planning on eating the apple Sarka gave me as I was in-transit out the door, but Nikol gave me her soup, Nikola spotted me a shaved cucumber salad (which is a salad consisting of some sort of vinegar/sauce and grated cucumbers. We def. don't have this in America.) and Julie got me a glass of super-watered down something or other. Nice people are sooo cool!!! So thanks to them, I got a full meal and a happy stomache for the rest of the day.

Then, around four, we got out of school (yessirreee folks, ten whole hours in school!) and I walked home while jamming to some tunes on my iPod. When I got home, Sarka told me we were going to Rotary that night, so I hung out and read until the designated time, and then we went to Rotary and that was fun too. Even though the only person who spoke any English besides me was Sarka and my next host dad, it was fun to watch everyone get things done. It helped that almost all of the people there looked cuddly, and I really wanted to hug them, especially after the president gave me a gorgeous pink rose. I have never gotten flowers before in my life, and suddenly they are everywhere!

We also celebrated someone's birthday (I would tell you his name if I could A. spell it and B. remember it correctly to try to spell it) and I had a little champagne. Don't worry mom, it was like a quarter of a glass, and it was good too, I think the description would be fruity, but I don't know champagne, or any other alcohols, very well.

Anyways, I am now going to go sleep like a rock for awhile.

Dobrou Noc!

{PS This post is dedicated to Krystyna, Julie, Nykol, Nykola, and Vendula, as well as everyone in my class, for making me feel welcome, and for feeding me!!!}

1 comment:

  1. "shaved cucumber salad"
    dude, I made one of those once at your house! You guys were like, hungry or something, so I didn't do the shave-y bit. we do have that in America!

    ReplyDelete