Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's been happening...

Okay, so I have been up to a lot recently, and that combined with my general laziness has kept me from posting to the blog.

Last weekend I went to "Zabiacka" (which I probably blatantly misspelled) which is strangely akin to the American Thanksgiving. Basically, you get a pig... a WHOLE pig and chop it up, cook it, and eat it throughout the day. Also there's VERY strong plum brandy (the Czech Republic doesn't have a legal limit on the strength of their alcohol) which I did not partake of. It was really fun, although I think that I have consumed enough meat to make MyPyramid.gov to have a small heart attack. Speaking of hearts, I ate one (a pig's of course) it was pretty good, bu being able to see the arteries pretty much psyched me out enough that I didn't enjoy it very much.

Along with heart, I have recently consumed goose liver... it was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. Remember in Mr. Smith's glass when we ground up cow's livers to observe their enzymes reaction with various acids? Remember the smell? Yeah, the smell doesn't change after you cook liver. Blech!

I also had some very interesting green beans floating in "mystery sauce". Very reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes (we all remember Calvin's battles with his mom's atrocious cooking)

Today, however, I had a rather lucky day:

~ First, there was pancakes at lunch!!! Yay!!!
~ Then, there was snow, for like, five seconds... Yay!!!
~ And finally, GLEE!!!

So, basically, despite the lack of snow and constant gray weather (sunsets tend to be gorgeous though) I am happy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment