Thursday, November 25, 2010

Stuff & Things (and ANGELS!!!)

Okay, so

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

To the five people or so (and my mom) that I think might actually read this blog.

Guess what?!?! I didn't have turkey today, sad... But I did draw a super cool angel in art class. In the Czech Republic, they have this thing called Mikulas (me-coo-laaaash) where a devil, an angel, and Mikulas (think Santa... kind of, but wiser...) and they decide who has been good and who has been bad and assign chocolate and coal accordingly. Of course, I may have this totally wrong, so feel free to correct me at any time.

Anyways, in art class we were given the option of drawing the devil (yeah right), Mikulas (uh-huh, drawing old wise men, super fun), or the angel (guess what I picked?!?!)

However, when I had finished drawing my angel, and then subtlely looked around to see how she compared to all the other angels, I was amazed. Everyone elses angels looked beautiful and saintly. Mine looked... well honestly, like she was a Cali girl. I was quite annoyed, I changed her mouth and her eyes, so she was looking up with an open-in-awe kind of mouth (instead of staring to the side and smiling... definitely got some holiness points in there!) but she still just didn't look right.

Guess what I did?

Can't guess?

You sure?

Yep, that's right, I gave her a t-shirt and a baseball hat with the LA Dodgers logo on it. I am not a huge baseball fan, but I figure since the Dodgers are in LA and LA is the city of angels, it would be only appropriate. She has a halo and wings too, I am actually really looking forward to painting her. I will try to take a photo of her and post it next week.

I think that most of the Rotarians that trained me probably had a small fit about that last paragraph, since I am supposed to be following the culture and fitting in. Somehow, drawing an American angel for a holiday I hardly understand in a country I hardly understand seems to be a bad idea in that light. But, my angel didn't fit in already. She just kept thinking she wasn't holy enough, like the other ones, now she just has attitude (and strangely, I must say, she somehow looks a lot better with the hat)

Also, I have been keeping up with the show GLEE, for those of you who don't watch it, please do. It's funny and awesome.

Right now my favorite song in the world is their version of Marry You originally sung by Bruno Mars... so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment