Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Adrian Mole is a whiny creeper!




Okay, don't worry, Adrian Mole is a fictional character (I would never rag on real people on the internet, or in general, it's distasteful!)

Today, my english teacher lent me a book titled "Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction".I hated it, it was well written, but the characters drove me insane. Adrian Mole is an complete asshole/idiot/whiny bitch (sorry for the language, but his personality REALLY annoys me)

Throughout the book, he manages not only to sink himself into unmanagable debt through extreme spending on Credit, but he also leads a woman on (although she was insane and slightly stalker-ish...) and he has TWO SONS! From different mothers!

Also, throughout the book, he complains dreadfully about how is life is incomplete, blah blah blah. What he doesn't seem to realize is that he is at fault for his own lack of emotional fulfillment. UGH! I wanted to throw the book at something (or throw something at the book... like a knife... but I can't throw kinves...)

Maybe it's because I never really liked satire, but this was just ridiculous.

The worst part is, there were all these book reviews that said, "OMG! SO FUNNY!" and the 'serious news review column' equivalent of 'OMG! SO FUNNY!' I guess that this book might be for older people, but I was personally HIGHLY unimpressed. Maybe I will try again in 20 years. Maybe I will sympathize with this spineless goober then...

Also, today is my five month anniversary! Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment