Thursday, September 23, 2010

Word confusion...

Okay, so I was sitting in Physics today, just sort of hanging out, doodling... and my teacher starts talking to me in Czech, and I turn to Kristyna and go, "I don't understand a word he's saying..." and she smiles a little and he keeps talking and I hear the word "stupid" and I turn to Kristyna and say, "Did he just call me stupid?!?!" and she starts laughing and says, "No, he wanted to talk about the difference between Fahrenheit and Celsius." Apparently the word for Fahrenheit sounds like stupid (I couldn't find a translation...).

Another word mistake, I was talking to one of my friends about how nice it would be if our dance partners could carry us around (high heels are really painful after two hours of dancing...) and I asked her how to say "carry me!" in czech, but I guess the words for "carry me" and "marry me" are similiar in czech. Fortunately she caught her mistake and I haven't accidentally proposed to anyone yet...

Even more exciting, we went to look for dresses for the big finale dance thingy (AKA the reason I am taking a dance class) and I found one that is legit. almost exactly what one would imagine on Cinderella. I love it, I am definitely going to rent it! I am really excited for the Dance Finale Thingy now, just because of this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment