Monday, November 1, 2010

Shopping & Zoo Adventures!

So this week was altogether awesome.

We had Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off because of some holidays (I think they were mainly bank holiday type things...)

So on Wednesday I slept in late, and then after lunch my host mom and I went for a walk and to the grocery store... very uneventful...

On Thursday, I went to see my host mom's sister and we spent the day going around to see stuff. We walked around my host mom's hometown (the main girl from "once" went to school there) and it was very nice. I also had my first Czech ice cream sundae. There was an umbrella in it! We also went to the house where my host mom grew up. They are going to redecorate it (which I think is a very good idea, it sort of reminded me of Grandma Bechtol's house, same colors/same era, all a little bit worn out) and it was a very nice day. We almost hit a deer on the way home though. It was super scary!

On Friday I hung out with a girl from my school and we wandered all over Kromeriz looking for a present for her dance partner. We went in all these cool asian-import stores with interesting things (decapitated singing Santa!)

On Saturday I went shopping in Brno with a girl who is also on exchange here in the Czech Republic. We found a lot of things we liked (sorry Mom! But the pig slippers were just too good to pass up!)

On Sunday we went to the zoo in Prague! So cool!!! The slideshow shows my adventures more clearly. I definitely want to go back there...

And funny story, we were standing by the muskrat exhibit and we start talking to this couple next to us ("oh, you speak english? me too!") and it turns out, they used to live in Truckee! The husband worked at plumas bank for awhile. Truckee Effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment